Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Philosophy of Bee Keeping

Here is my philosophy of bee keeping as of today.  5/26/2012


  1. There is no such thing as "natural bee keeping".  If it were natural they would be in a tree or where every they wanted.  I believe to try to replicate nature as close as possible and still be able to have the benefits of the bees.
  2. No chemicals.  Use what nature would do.
  3. Let bees build their own comb.  No foundation will generate natural comb.
  4. Three different types of hives to start with:
    A.  Horizontal Top Bar


        B.  Vertical Top Bar (known as Warre)

     C.  8 Frame Medium Langstroph



5.  I am not in it for the money or the honey but will take both if it is there.
6.  I will do my best to be organically managed.  Since bees can fly 3 to 6 miles away it is impossible to keep the trolls from putting pesticides on their plants and crops.


No comments:

Post a Comment